"Ah sugar....ah honey honey"


So, it's February now and some of the weight I inevitably gained from the holidays is still sticking around. I indulged quite a bit this year, not really worrying about the outcome. So, it makes sense that those few pounds gained would be hard to take off. And I guess it's time to face the facts, I'm 38 going on 39, not 16 going on 17, so why eat like a teenager.

I've been trying to cut back on sugar and really just watch my snacking. I work until 8 most work days and when I come home I am pretty ravenous. After dinner I end up snacking and then going to bed. Kind of a recipe for disaster.

Not that I'm that bad. I generally eat pretty healthy. I was a vegetarian for 10 years and still don't eat red meat. I also am fully aware that I am at a healthy weight. I have struggled with image issues for years. Nowadays I know where I feel comfortable (about 5lbs less than I am now) and I know that any less would be hard to maintain and wouldn't necessarily mean I was any healthier.

So I eat oatmeal in the mornings, sweetened with raisins and cinnamon and topped with almonds for some healthy fat. That keeps me going and I usually eat some cottage cheese and fruit some time before lunch. I eat lunch late too...around 2 or 3. My schedule is just weird.

I haven't jumped on the scale yet. Trying to avoid that and just go off of how I feel, how my clothes fit etc. There was a time that I would jump on the scale several times a day. And I just don't want to go down that road again.

I take walks during my lunch break. Helps clear my mind a bit. Pretty out there lately :)



In other news, kicked up the running last week. I really am sticking to that 10% increase in miles. Did an extra yoga session (even got the hubby to do it this week).

On Saturday night, my husband's band Spaceface played a show. If you like punky sci-fi rock about robots, check them out. I am friends with the bass guitar player and drummer's wives. Only one was able to come out that night, but it's always a good time hanging out and supporting our husbands.



That's about all. This week I'm cutting back a bit. Good timing too because winter finally decided to show up and it's a bit icy out there.

This week's workouts:

Sunday: 4 miles with my husband
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: 2 miles with my husband
Wednesday: 6.5 miles
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: Off....too cold!!
Total mileage :16.5....little by little. I miss higher mileage.

Cheers!

Comments