Good day sunshine - The Beatles

Northeast Ohio weather cooperated Wednesday and smiled upon us with beautiful sunny skies. Took off for a short 3 mile run.

I've been thinking about what my goals should be for next year. I don't have any specific race goals yet. The last couple of years I have had to go with the flow a lot more. Every time I tried to train for a full marathon, my body had other plans for me.

So, I kept it to two half marathons last year and a couple of 5ks.


First time doing the towpath half marathon last April. Really liked it!


My 15th Half!

 

 
 Turkey Trot with my BFF

Do I want to do another marathon? Part of me does just to prove that I can but that might not be a good enough reason.

Really I am just working on being healthy. Mind body soul healthy. And that takes a lot of time and energy.

I've been eating really well for the last couple of months. I've pretty much cut out all added sugar and I only drink about one drink a week. In general I feel better. It's a hard time of year to do that but I think it's important.

I've been doing more yoga at home and need to sign up for some classes.

I also want to be more creative. Perform more. I wrote a short silly post about listening to musical theater more often these days. Well, I'd like to perform in musicals or plays again too. It's been almost 10 years since my last production. Far too long.

I'm currently performing with my husband and our friend as a folk/rock trio. But we are really just starting out. So, hopefully we'll get some more gigs this year.



Folk Fest Last Fall





Just my initial thoughts on some goals for 2018. I'm sure I'll edit/update as needed. I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season!

Cheers!

Any other performers out there?
How's your holiday shaping up? 
Any last minute holiday races?


Comments